1. How does E.K. Strawser’s perspective on discipleship align with your own understanding?
2. How do you define discipleship in your own context? How does it align or differ from Strawser’s definition?
3. What role do you believe mission plays in discipleship? How can discipleship without mission be limited or incomplete?
4. How have you seen discipleship being practiced in your own community or church? Are there any aspects that you feel could be improved or expanded?
5. How does the concept of flexibility in discipleship resonate with you? Can you give an example of how you have adapted your approach to a specific setting or context?
6. What markers or behaviors do you think indicate whether discipleship is happening in a church community? Do you believe these markers align with E.K. Strawser’s perspective?
7. How do you understand the idea of leaders loving and leading the people they have been given? What does this look like in practice?
8. Have you ever felt frustrated or hit a wall in your church context when it comes to discipleship? If so, what were the specific challenges and how did you navigate them?
9. How do you approach discipleship with the people already present in your community or church? Have you found that people are open to trying new things and exploring their faith in different ways?
10. How can a discipleship pathway help guide and shape the growth and maturity of individuals in your community or church? What are some practical steps you could take to implement a pathway in your context?